Food Labelling E-Learning Program
Last Date to Complete this course is 30th Aug 2022.
Food Labelling E-Learning Program
Importance of Food Regulations
Food Safety and Standards (Labelling and Display) Regulations, 2020 prescribe the labelling requirements of pre-packaged foods and display of essential information on premises where food is manufactured, processed, served and stored.
Food regulations are important, and necessary to regulate and monitor the manufacture, processing, storage, distribution, sale and import of food so as to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption. Food laws are enacted to protect the consumers against unsafe, adulterated, and misbranded food, fraudulent practices and also to facilitate the movement of food across borders.
The subject is an important factor in food business processes (including that of prepackaged food and food service establishments), guiding critical considerations in product development, food labelling, food marketing, advertising and labelling claims and guiding consumer choices.
(FLeP) Food Labelling e-Learning is an online Certification Program, equipped to provide the learner with an understanding of current food labelling legislation and its implication in business processes. The program is customised for Beginners and Advanced levels that meet the requirements of learners at different stages of their understanding of the subject and requirements thereof.
Content Design Representing Rich Industry Experience
Packaged Food Labelling
Food Service Establishments
Comprehensive Food Labelling Regulations
Digital Food Labelling
High Consumptions Food Categories Nutrient Profiling and Front of Pack Labelling Models
The program will make learners industry-ready by providing them the knowledge to,
- Contribute to regulatory decision-making in food companies
- Make food companies regulations compliant
- Guide food R&D and product development
- Guide food companies on advertising and labelling claims
- Guide consumers on making good food choices
- 10 modules with case studies, quizzes (comprehensive program)
- Knowledge assessment at the end of the course
- 70% qualifying score for each assessment
- Certification after successful completion of the program
- Job Interview Entitlement and Placement for Most Deserving Candidate
1. Introduction to the regulation – What you must know about food regulations?
a. General Definitions
b. General Requirements
c. Food Categorisation System
2. Ingredient Declaration – How do ingredients impact food labelling?
a. Exemptions and basic rules
b. Quantitative Indications
c. Allergen Labelling
3. Nutritional Information – What you must declare on your food packs?
a. Introduction and Definitions
b. Mandatory Nutrient Declarations
c. Serving Size Declaration
d. Exempted Foods
e. Calculation of nutrients (Nutrition Calculator)
4. Declaration regarding Veg and Non veg
a. Veg / Non veg logo
b. Size of logo
5. Principal display panel
a. Size and Height of numeral
b. Mandatory declarations on PDP
6. Organic, Food Fortification – Know the guidelines
7. Declaration of name, complete address, FSSAI logo and license number
8. Country of origin labelling
a. Definitions and general rules
b. Labelling of Imported Foods
c. Country of origin for imported food
9. Exemptions from certain labelling requirements
10. Net quantity, date indications and storage conditions (Legal Metrology)
a. Net quantity
b. Date indications
c. Storage conditions and instructions for use
d. Legal Metrology Requirements
Benefits to Participants
This program is designed to provide participants with practical knowledge and an overview of various aspects of food law in India.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- As part of the Beginners program, candidates will be acquainted and equipped with a thorough knowledge of basic National and an overview of International Food Labelling Regulations
- Get familiarized with industry requirements in food labelling standards.
LabelBlind® Digital Food Labelling Solutions brings Product and Labelling Compliance, Digital Food Labelling, Comprehensive Nutrition Assessment and Market Readiness of Products together to strengthen business processes for Food Service Establishments, MSME Food Manufacturers and Farmer Producer Organisations.
Our work has helped us build bridges between institutions, consumers and stakeholders in the food ecosystem to create relationships through cutting-edge work in the areas of Digital Food Labelling, Digitising Nutrition Quality, Food Rating System and Nutrition Research.
Premier clients like ITC Hotels, WelcomHotels, Fortune Hotels Tata Starbucks, TajQmin, Zomato, FSSAI, Innoterra Micro Enterprises Network.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Other course you might interested in
Pharmaceutical (Phyto) Potential Of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods₹49
Career & Education
Food Regulatory Compliance – Industry Based Training₹5000
Scope & Development in plant – based protein ingredient processing₹50
How to Design your Packaging for Food Products₹0