General Awareness: 5 Questions
Questions to test the ability of the candidates General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. Also testing knowledge of currents events and matters of every day observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will include questions relating to India and neighboring countries specially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, sports and scientific research etc. These questions will be such that they do not required a special study of any discipline
General Intelligence: 5 Questions
would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type for e.g. Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observations, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc
Computer literacy 10 Questions
Candidate is expected to be able to handle all regular office work on computers. Knowledge of MS office (word, excel, powerpoint) including basic commands, Google Doc, emails, commonly use social media handles (Whattsapp,FB, Twitter etc). would be tested.
English language Comprehension: 5 Questions
Would test the candidates understanding of the English language its vocabulary, grammar etc. Would include questions on comprehension, on word substitution, synonyms and antonyms, spelling error, spotting errors in sentences, grammar – noun, pronoun, adjectives, verbs, prepositions, conjunctions, use of ‘a’ ‘an” and ‘the’, idioms and phrases etc
Indian and International Food Laws (An Overview)
- Food Safety and Standards Act of India, 2006: Provision, definitions and different sections of the Act and implementation.
- FSS Rules and Regulations
- Overview of other relevant national bodies (e.g. APEDA, BIS EIC, MPEDA, Spice Board etc.)
- International Food Control Systems/Laws, Regulations and Standards/Guidelines with regard to Food Safety – (i) Overview of CODEX Alimentarius Commission (History, Members, Standard setting and Advisory mechanisms: JECFA, JEMRA JMPR): WTO agreements (SPS/TBT):
- Important national and international accreditation bodies
FSSAI – Role, Functions, Initiatives (A General Understanding)
- FSSAI – Role, Functions, Initiatives ( A General Understanding)
- Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI
- Structure and Functions of Food Authority
- Overview of systems and processes in Standards, Enforcement, Laboratory ecosystem, Imports, Third Party Audit etc.
- Promoting safe and wholesome Food (Eat Right India, Food Fortification, snf, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioural change initiatives)
- Training and capacity building ∙ Role of State Food Authorities
Subject Matter Knowledge
Principles of Food Preservation, Processing and Packaging
- Food Processing Operations, Principles, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Overview of food preservation methods and their underlying principles including novel and emerging methods/principles
- Overview of food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging materials/techniques
Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
- Structure and functions of macro-and micro nutrients
- Role of macro and micronutrients in human nutrition
- Overview of food additives with respect to their technological functions
- Overview of anti-nutritional factors and their removal from foods
- Overview of enzymes as food processing aids
- Overview of nutraceuticals and functions foods
- Overview of food contaminants and adulterants and their effects on human health
- Food allergens and allergenicity
- Importance of diet in alleviating health risks, especially non-communicable diseases
Food Microbiology & General principles of Food Hygiene
- General principles of food microbiology and overview of food borne pathogens
- Overview of sources of microorganisms in food chain (raw materials, water, air, equipment etc.) and microbiological quality of foods
- Microbial food spoilage and Food borne diseases
- General principles and techniques in microbiological examination of foods Overview of beneficial microorganisms and their role in food processing and human nutrition
- General principles of food safety management systems including traceability and recall – sanitation, HACCP, Good production and processing practices (GMP, GAP, GHP, GLP, BAP, etc) General concepts of Food Analysis and Testing
- Fundamentals of field level and laboratory sampling with reference to importance of statistical tools.
- Overview of basic/classical methods of food analysis
- Overview of modern analytical techniques including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques.
- Principles of Quality assurance and Quality control with reference to food analysis and testing.